Celebrate family and tradition (and hopefully start a new tradition) with a showing of Pixar's beloved Coco on Thursday, October 28 starting at 5:30 PM. We'll have food for purchase for your dinner as well as other tasty treats to enjoy during the movie.
Then, at 6:30 PM, we'll begin our presentation of Coco.
We'll be showing this movie on the HTM lawn, in front of HTH. Families are encouraged to bring their own chairs and blankets. Get out of the house, meet other families, see a great movie, and support your school!
For the safety of others, and for your family, we ask that guests remain masked while on the HTM campus unless eating or drinking.
About Coco: Despite his family's generations-old ban on music, young Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Héctor, the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.
Save the Date - Point Loma High Tech High Village
Coffee Friday, October 15, 2021 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Get to meet other High Tech parents at our next community coffee gathering. More details will be included in upcoming communications.
Open HTM PA Volunteer Positions
Are you an amazing organizer? Have the knack to get the right people talking to one another? Full of opinions and ideas? Your help, time, and talent - will make HTM the community you want it to be. We have some open volunteer descriptions. Please take a look at the open positions and sign up! Any of these positions can be done as a shared role!
· President: Dana Gabriel/Co-President: OPEN - Meet monthly with PA Board. Act as liaison for the parent community with the School Director (2-3 hours/month).
· School Support: OPEN - This position would work well with two people sharing this role. Work with various Committee Chairs to plan and implement community-building activities. - help to recruit volunteers for school events such as the Fun Run, Bake Sales, Teacher Appreciation week - help with Google Sign-ups. (1hr-2hr./month when we have events - typically back to school, holiday and February and May but supported by other PA members).
· Fundraising:: OPEN - This position helps run our Fall "Project Give" Campaign and any other fundraising ideas. The campaign is already set up!! (Sept/October).
· Fun Run Chairperson: OPEN - Traditionally taking place in the spring of the school year - a fun outdoor event for school spirit and raise money for the school. (January/February).
· Logowear: OPEN This role could be part of school support as it really only requires a reorder once a year and then having the items ready for sale at school events.
In addition to these leadership positions, there are still plenty of opportunities to fill other Chair positions or to attend monthly meetings and lend your support and we welcome you to do so. You will receive more information about meetings and other volunteer opportunities over the next few months from the HTM PA.
Who Are We?
Parents of HTM students are automatically members of the Parent Association (PA). We value your input, welcome assistance and encourage your involvement.
The parent association’s goal is to support and enrich the programs offered to HTM students, including updated chrome books, school libraries and field trips to name a few. Our ability to reach our goals depends on the success of our fundraisers (through Project Give and events like the Fund run).
The Fall campaign, Project Give, is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Our goal this year is $10,000. Last year, through the campaign, the HTM Community raised $12,025. Money raised this year will go directly into your child's classroom in the form of teacher grants. The funds can be used for field work, classroom and project supplies and technology.
We are a "501(c)(3)" meaning, a nonprofit organization that has been approved by the IRS as a tax-exempt, charitable organization. So, talk with your accountant of course, but part of your donations are tax deductible (woot woot!)
Anticipated funding needs:
- Funding to Enhance Student Experience including technology
- Supporting teacher's projects with classroom resources and project materials.
- Organizing student events that will foster community among our students and families
- Ongoing PPE needs
Thank you for your support!
Have questions? Need more information? Have ideas? Please send us an email! We truly are, more than ever, in this together!
Dana Gabriel: firstname.lastname@example.org
General email: email@example.com