Catwalk Cabaret (Eve Sepulveda)
1. The next meeting is tomorrow, 2/14 at 8:45 at HTHI. We need volunteers! Check the posting on the bulletin board for information or go to the Catwalk link on the PA website if you can't make the meetings.
2. We need a basket coordinator for HTM to collect the baskets and get them to Jackie. This year, we will be having team baskets, and not advisory baskets. The money will be going to the IT budget for the whole village. The team parents will decide the theme and submit to Jackie for approval.
Other Announcements (Eve Sepulveda)
1. We are getting a grant from the Starbuck's by Henry's of about $1000. They asked if we could help them out by buying bags of coffee beans this week (they are having an intra-Starbucks competition). Even if you don't buy coffee beans, please say a thank you from the HTV.
2. Volunteer mixers: to get to know new faces. We need to show new volunteers our list of specific volunteer opportunities. Maybe an evening the first week of September? Ideas discussed: having an evening at somebody's home; setting up tents outside the school as an information booth and refreshments. We all agreed to definitely tap the new parents who attend the May orientation. Maybe we could wear matching t-shirts in a bright color that identifies us as PA volunteers, so people can know who to go to, and know that they know somebody who volunteers. The idea of hanging FAQ posters on the walls was also discussed.
3. Padres Concessions: booth volunteers are needed! This is a great opportunity for us to make a ton of money; we get 10% of total sales from the concessions booth. In order to volunteer, you will need to attend a 4 hour Food Handler's Workshop and commit to a 2 game minimum (we are signed up for 10 games). Parent room reps will forward this information on to parents to try to get more involvement.
4. Liberty Station for Education day is March 5th; please get out and see what special things are going on in Liberty Station that will benefit all the schools in Liberty Station.
Approval of Minutes (Carrie Flowers)
The minutes from January 8 meeting were approved as read.
Upcoming Elections (Maria Shepherd)
As parliamentarian, Maria needs five active board members to volunteer to serve on the nominating committee. An email will go out soliciting people to nominate themselves or others for board and/or committee positions. Online elections were discussed; possibly June can create a ballot for us. Please start thinking about positions and people to fill them.
Communications (Nancy Allen)
Just a reminder to send emails through Nancy and Eve, not Lisa Ruiz for PA information.
Gifts and Grants (Eve Sepulveda)
- $400 for books was approved for Ms. Abassi's class.
- Ms. Barrett asked for $350 for a Spanish architecture/culture mural painting in the drama hallway. The PA was in favor of this, but would like some more information; Eve will ask Ms. Barrett.
School Support (Eve Sepulveda)
1. After hearing how well some snack sales have done and how inefficient others have been, Maria and Darcy have been tasked with creating a "Snack Sale How To" guide to help with such things as:
- Where to buy the pizzas
- How much to order
- How much to charge
- What other items are big sellers
2. 8th Grade Graduation (Nadi Ovanessoff & Marion Brooks): They have raised over $1600 so far; their goal is to have everything about graduation already paid for so parents don't pay for anything. It has been decided to have an All-Family Reception after the graduation (Maria is waiting for approval to use the South Promenade grassy area). The committee is working on creating a class t-shirt and a class photo for each student. The Liberty Station tenants would like to have a reminder go out to parents to make reservations for lunch ahead of time; this will everyone involved be ready. The next meeting is Tuesday, Feb. 19th.
Fundraising (Eve Sepulveda)
1. Escrip: Linda Kurtz is working on creating a new flyer for escrip. She asked to have an email go out showing all the participating vendors who are offering Valentine's deals.
2. Family Restaurant Night: Jack in the Box is no longer doing group fundraisers. Annette Larson has schedule five Islands Restaurant nights, where 20% goes to all the PAs. You will need a flyer, but they are not restricting us from handing out flyers in front of the restaurant. The first event is March 10, from 5-8 pm at Islands on Balboa Ave.
Hospitality (Maria Shepherd)
Upcoming hospitality needs: Testing in April and the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon on May.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:40 am.